Back in 2004, I started blogging using my AOL account. Given the privilege to live in the land of “opportunities” called the United States for nine years, I installed the AOL CD which I usually found it on our mailbox. I knew I can write but I had a hard time getting my posts live. I stayed with my AOL blog until I found a better platform which was the Geocities. I can still remember my url: www.geocities.com/gbaybayan. Because of the floating ads at the right side of my blog, I desired of finding another platform, blogger.com. I never dreamed of making money through my blog. I always wanted just to express myself through the articles and hopefully find some audience. I spent about four hours a day just mastering the blogger or blogger platform at that time. Here”s one of my blog at blogger: lastdaysnow.blogspot.com. It came to pass that within blogger is the “heaven sent” Adsense in which it opens my eyes that anything is possible under the sun. I promoted my blogs though forums and messageboards at that time for those are the only ways I knew. Blogger is the gateway for me to meet friends and to buy my own domain.
To make money online is not an overnight success. It takes time and effort to fully understand how it works. When I kept publishing my articles, I saw some $0.05 per click in my Adsense earnings. It took me about a year to get the $100 threshold in Adsense back in those days. I never gave up and I continued believing that I am going to pursue blogging as my part-time job.
Once your blog is running and you are publishing articles, you can make money online in many ways by placing ads such as:
1. Adsense – Many publishers find Adsense as the best way to earn money online. By placing Adsense in the blog, the maximum possible earnings is on the way. Adsense is easy to incorporate it in your blog. Just copy and paste the code and it is set to go. However, many complain about the difficulties in entering into the Adsense program. Back in the days, it”s was just easy to get approved. Nowadays, it’s like threading a needle. But as long as you have the traffic and the contents, you will get approved in Adsense.
2. Infolinks – It is a compliment to Adsense. It”s easy to get an account. It allows you to integrate ad unites into your pages. Infolinks is the best partner of Adsense through my experience. As a publisher, you will get the payment through Paypal. Though some of the readers are annoyed by the Ads, it is still a possible alternative to utilize your content to make money.
3. Private Sponsorships – As your blog becomes authoritative because of your great content, company’s will contact you to place their ads in your blog. Sometimes big companies approaches you to offer certain amount just to place their ads in a given period of time. Sometimes they will ask you for a month just to test if it’s worth their money. If they found out that your blog has great traffic, they acquire ad placements for a year.
4. Affiliate Programs – There are plenty of affiliate programs that a blogger should try. In affiliate programs, the visitors of your blog will be a potential buyer. Once a visitor purchases a product through those programs, you will get a commission. Amazon is one of the most popular affiliate programs today yet you can also try CJ and ShareaSale. Most of the advertisers want decent amount of traffic before you get their approval.
5. E-Books – Using your blog as an avenue to sell is one of the ways to make money. Blogging is giving up free information to your readers. But to write your success story and sell it through your blog is another side of the coin. It mean”s that the E-Book is unique and you haven’t shared yet in your blog. Many bloggers write E-Books on how they build their blog and found success.
6. Sell Your Blog – If your blog reaches into a full proportion, many rich people will notice about your traffic. They will see the potential of your blog and they will just contact you to buy your blog. Your blog is a great possession like a real estate that others want to have.There are many factors that will contribute to the success of your journey in blogging. Just take it one step at a time.